[Dixielandjazz] Country Western & Dixieland

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Thu Jan 23 13:51:22 PST 2003

> Just remembered, I think. Didn't Ernie Carson cut a record featuring a
> female Country Western Singer and a bunch of CW tunes. Didn't George
> Buck issue, or re-issue it? That's in my memory banks somewhere, however
> dim. I think I heard it once or twice and it was absolutely fantastic. A
> real keeper.
>
> Someone tell me I'm not losing my mind. ;-)

Crunch Carson & the Wrecking Crew with Marilyn Stafford doing vocal.
Carson, cnt; Harry Hagen, tbn; Herman Foretich, clt; Freddie Jones, pno;
Bill Rutan, bjo; Hal Johnson, tba; Don Hooker, dms; recorded about 1982

The tunes are San Antonio Rose, He Called Me Baby, Crazy Arms, Faded Love, I
Love You So Much It Hurts, I'm Walkin' The Floor Over You, City Lights, I
Can't Help It If I'm Still In Love With You, Snowbird, Blue Eyes Crying In
The Rain, Tonight I'll Celebrate, Good Hearted Woman.

George issued it on Circle CLP66. I don't think it has been reissued on CD.

Phil O'Rourke
Australia