[Dixielandjazz] Sad tidings

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Wed Jan 22 13:27:03 PST 2003

This came this morning. For those who knew Sandy, She was a huge fan and
worked often as a volunteer for many of the OKOM festivals in California. I
will also miss her.

Hugs

Judie

In a message dated 1/21/03 6:11:31 PM, laurie at aandgengraving.com writes:

<< Classic jazz has lost a valuable and devout supporter and I report the
heartbreaking news that Sandy (Mastricola) McLean lost her brief but valiant
battle with cancer last night.  She was diagnosed  in late August and
succumbed January 20. She was 61.

As you know, Sandy was one of the first to sign up to volunteer at festivals
and other Classic jazz events and she was willing and cheerful, no matter
what the job.  It was a sure bet that if she wasn't in the first row, she was
somewhere in the background working diligently to assure a successful event
and to keep the music live and on-stage.

She was married at last to her long-time Beau, Mickey McLean, February 22,
2002.  She leaves Mickey, his two daughters Lynette and Leslie, three
grandchildren, 2 half sisters and a whole lot of jazz family behind.

There will be a memorial service Sunday, January 26, 2003 -1:00 p.m. at her
stepdaughter's home- 4024 Crestview, Norco, CA 92860.  (909) 279-1695.

I miss her already.

Laurie