[Dixielandjazz] Glass Records

t.roper3 t.roper3 at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 21 14:32:36 PST 2003

I'm very new to the internet - approx three months and at last have found a site that interests me.  I have been following the various 'threads' for the past few days and cannot wait to return home each evening to read and learn more about this wonderful music.

I have an extensive jazz record collection and some years ago I purchased the remaining stock of jazz records from a local used record vendor - he was going to concentrate on the more lucrative area of old popular music!

Amongst these records I found a number of glass records.  Some are of completely transparent glass and others of a stained brown glass.  They are all Long Play i.e. 33.3 rpm and all feature Eddie Condon and his orchestra.

I have often wondered if anyone could help with the history and/or purpose of these recordings and if anyone out there can shed some light on these, I imagine, fairly unusual items it would be appreciated.-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...