[Dixielandjazz] More jazz in New Orleans

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Mon Jan 20 22:48:23 PST 2003

This afternoon, Harry Epp and I went to George Buck's studio where a
recording was being made, and we sat in the control room and listened to:
    Duke Heitger, trumpet
    Evan Christopher, clarinet and alto sax
    Brian Ogilvie, Tenor sax
    Steve Pistorius, piano
    John Parker, rhythm guitar
    Jim Singleton, string bass
    John Gill, alternating drums, banjo, and lead guitar.

They played mostly from charts, except for solos...I Want to be Happy, a
nice JRM tune Frogmor Rag, and believe it or not,3 Hawaiian tunes...Song of
the Islands, Blue Hawaii, and one I don't remember.  A couple other tunes.
Great musicianship by everyone in the group.
  George Buck has a very professional well-equipped studio.  George is very
dedicated jazz lover....An interesting man..I'll write more about him later.
    Pat Cooke
     New Orleans