[Dixielandjazz] Endless Quotes

dhs at ev1.net dhs at ev1.net
Sun Jan 19 17:13:46 PST 2003

Dear Listers:

A Digest or two after the original posting of the Rosolino article, a reply
appeared.  The reply was
interesting enough, but then quoted the article in its entirety, some 6-7
pages!  Those of us who follow the List closely know what you are talking
about when you refer to a previous posting.  At most, a short quote will do.
A Snip is better.  Those who do not follow the List will not have a clue,
and are unlikely to read the article to get one.

That means that not only do members not have to quote the last message, they
especially do not need to quote three or four of them in a string.  I get
awfully tired of reading the same material over and over, and find myself
scrolling down many inches to get to new material.

The offense is compounded, of course, when accompanied by the electronic
garbage that signals yet another HTML message.  Not only do we get to read
the endless posts once, they get repeated buried in electronic static!
Grumble!!

Jazz Content:  Frank Rosolino was a great trombonist.  You have to watch
those trombone players!

Regards,
Dave "List Curmudgeon Candidate in Training" Stoddard
Round Rock, TX