[Dixielandjazz] Dirty Dozen Brass Band

Snogpitch snogpitch at prodigy.net
Fri Jan 17 20:38:56 PST 2003

I saw them last summer in Cincinnati at the ConAgra Rib Fest I think it was
called.  Many bands played at that festival of varying styles.  Dirty Dozen
Brass Band was the final band of the festival.  After some thinking it over,
I decided to go check them out, and eat a few ribs while I was there.  The
crowd there was in my opinion rather laid back for the majority of the
concert, with the exception of a few dancers alongside the stage.  They
ended their finale with Saints and that brought out the parasols, and high
steppers, you name it, and people were on their feet.

Would I go see them again?  Probably not, but I didn't exactly hate the
band, either.  I would classify their stylings as bebop, but there might be
a more detailed description than that.  I'm more of a traditional style
jazz, myself.

BTW, the ribs were good, too!

--
Snogpitch