[Dixielandjazz] minority musicians

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Fri Jan 17 08:46:51 PST 2003

Jim wrote: >On top of that, I'm of Armenian background<
You and Nick Fatool! No one's got any problem with that.
Scots and Armenian's have much in common -- lots of lamb recipes in the
family cookbook. We used to go over to Fatool's (Dad and Nick were good
buddies and Dotty Fatal and my mom were bridge playing partners) and eat
some of the best grilled dishes I ever had, from Shish Kabob to things I
can't remember to pronounce. And my bonny Jean just made a great batch of
Scotch broth ( a lamb and barley stew-like soup). Scots are one up, though.
We use the same barley grain to make single malt whisky.
Slainte!
Don Ingle