[Dixielandjazz] Wild Man Blues

Goggin, Brian (Dublin) GoggiBri at exchange.ie.ml.com
Wed Jan 15 13:32:41 PST 2003

I always though that it never sounded like Morton. The voice heard on the
first take sounds different to that on the third take.

How about looking into the possibility of the other guys who's voices are on
record?

1. 	Bud Scott gives a shout on the OKeh "Snake Rag" with King Oliver
(1923), the second "Dippermouth Blues" (1923) and "Sugar Foot Stomp" (1926)
and also sings 	on several of the Kid Ory recordings from the 1940's.
2. 	This is more difficult, can't remember the exact session, but Johnny
Dodds sings as part of the vocal trio with Jimmy Blythe and I think Buddy
Burton on "My 	Baby" and "Oreintal Man" from about 1928. Can't remember any
more details of this, but will check them out. This is porbably not much
help as it would be nearly 	impossible to compared to though as there's
3 voices.
3.	Baby Dodds recorded a few vocals over the years, but I've never
heard any of them. Has anyone else and can they comment?