[Dixielandjazz] Condon Fans - New CDs out on 21st.

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Jan 14 10:56:19 PST 2003

>From another list:

>Collectable Records is reissuing six 1950's Eddie Condon LPs on three
>CD issues, on January 21st. Bixieland / Treasury Of Jazz; Jam Session
>Coast To Coast (only four Condons, six by Rampart Street Paraders) /
>Jammin' At Condon's; and Midnight In Moscow / The Roaring Twenties.
>On Collectable's own site, http://www.oldies.com , they have a buy
>two and get third free sale on jazz. So you can get these three for
>price of two and they are $12.97 each.

Collectables also has 7 Wilbur De Paris dixieland CDs, 2 albums per CD.
These, if I recall correctly, were oiginally issued by Atlantic.

The Condons were issued previously in a Mosaic set at $16 per CD; lotsa
great stuff. Make sure you get the "Jammin' at Condons", one of my favorite
albums; it's in stereo, and one can hear Condon's plectrum guitar clearly.
The only loser in the bunch (IMHO) is "Midnight in Moscow" because the guys
didn't cope well with non-dixieland tunes, but I can't remember
specifically the "Roaring Twenties" album. The Rampart Street Paraders are
a bunch of Condonites lead, IIRC, by clarinetist Matty Matlock (the
complete Paraders session is on another Mosaic set, "Condon Mob").

--Sheik