[Dixielandjazz] Re: Leonard Feather

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 14 10:39:02 PST 2003

Dear Jim,
The pianist on Muggsy's March 1945 "Feather Brain Blues" session was Gene
Schroeder.
This was the original, which I quoted from.
The one you have, with Floyd Bean and Muggsy, was made for Mercury on 27 March
1950.
Not patter, just a great Muggsy blues.
Which I have just dug out and played, for old times sake.
"Feather Brain/ Sweet Georgia Brown/Dixie Flyer/Lazy Piano Man" with George
Brunies, Darnell Howard, Truck Parham, & Big Sid.
Leonard Feather was on the George Wein 'Giants of Jazz' European tour of 1972,
which was in London in October.
Other than that, I do not think he ever returned to England.
But, like you, I do not really care, so have not bothered to research the
subject too far.
Kind regards,
Bill.