[Dixielandjazz] Re: Zep Meisner--arrangements

Dan Augustine ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 13 13:27:56 PST 2003

>From: eighthst7@aol.com
>Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Zep Meisner
>Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:33:55 EST
>
>I have quite a complete collection of Zep's dixieland arrangements, that I have played with my band the 8th St 7, here in Palm Springs CA.  They are pretty easy, and playable by any average student 13 - 16 yrs old.  Zep was a very talented writer, and seemed to capture the real essence of what Dixie was all about.  I have  never heard anyone who could write as well for the medium.  I bought some of them in the early 50's for .65 per as advertised in one of the musicians magazines.   His wife is a neat lady who still works in Zep's music store in Burbank, CA, and sells his charts, along with instruments.  I have traded some charts for her in her inventory.
>
>Dick
Dick (c: DJML)--
    Please, sir, what's the address (and/or phone, email, hours open, etc.) of Zep's store?  I would like to order some arrangements.  Which ones do you like the best?
    I ordered some of Lu Watters arrangements from Dottie Lawless last year, and i finally got around to copying "Big Bear Stomp" to Sibelius and printing it out (Sibelius is easier and more intuitive for me to use than Finale).  It worked fine the first time we played it.  I'd like to do the same with other kinds of arrangements.  Any info will be appreciated.  Thanks.

    Dan