[Dixielandjazz] STJS 5th Annual Rent Party this Sun, 1-12-03

Nancy Giffin nancyink@ulink.net
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:21:48 -0600

--MS_Mac_OE_3125060508_144888_MIME_Part

Mr. Ringwald probably would've posted this if he were in town:

Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society presents:
             5th Annual Rent Party
                           featuring
          14 Sacramento area bands

Join us on January 12, 2003!

In the 1920s and 30s when a musician needed to pay his rent, his
fellow musicians would volunteer to play for his "rent party":
They would play for free, charge an admission, the rent would get
paid, and it would be a great party!
Fourteen Sacramento area bands will donate their time and talents to help
the STJS
continue to present the great monthly jazz concerts we're all accustomed to.
Our thanks to the 14 bands (some 100 musicians).

SOME LIST MATES WHO WILL BE PERFORMING (listed alphabetically):

Paul Edgerton, Charlie Hull, Bob Ringwald, Bob Romans, and Burt Wilson
plus:
see Barkin' Dawg JB, a youth band directed by Bob Romans.
(Cell Block 7 has sentenced Bill "Thimbles" Gunter to Hawaii this week.)

Master of Ceremonies,
Nick Dragos, Host of "Sacramento Jazz"
KXJZ 88.9 FM
Sundays, 9:00 PM - midnight

--MS_Mac_OE_3125060508_144888_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE> STJS 5th Annual Rent Party this Sun, 1-12-03</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2">Mr. Ringwald probably would've posted this if he were in tow=
n:<BR>
<BR>
Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society presents:<BR>
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;5th Annual Rent Party<BR>
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;featuring<BR>
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;14 Sacramento =
area bands<BR>
<BR>
Join us on January 12, 2003!<BR>
 <BR>
In the 1920s and 30s when a musician needed to pay his rent, his <BR>
fellow musicians would volunteer to play for his &quot;rent party&quot;: <B=

They would play for free, charge an admission, the rent would get <BR>
paid, and it would be a great party! <BR>
Fourteen Sacramento area bands will donate their time and talents to help t=
he STJS <BR>
continue to present the great monthly jazz concerts we're all accustomed to=
. <BR>
Our thanks to the 14 bands (some 100 musicians). <BR>
<BR>
SOME LIST MATES WHO WILL BE PERFORMING (listed alphabetically):<BR>
<BR>
Paul Edgerton, Charlie Hull, Bob Ringwald, Bob Romans, and Burt Wilson<BR>
plus: <BR>
see Barkin' Dawg JB, a youth band directed by Bob Romans.<BR>
(Cell Block 7 has sentenced Bill &quot;Thimbles&quot; Gunter to Hawaii this=
 week.)<BR>
<BR>
Master of Ceremonies, <BR>
Nick Dragos, Host of &quot;Sacramento Jazz&quot; <BR>
KXJZ 88.9 FM <BR>
Sundays, 9:00 PM - midnight<BR>
 <BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3125060508_144888_MIME_Part--