[Dixielandjazz] Re: Village Stompers - Joe Muranyi

jazzfact jazzfact@ozemail.com.au
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 08:14:41 +1000

Hi all,
Name dropping time, check the photo of Joe on our website
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~jazzfact/photo.htm  . We caught up with
him in May 2000 touring with Peter Strohkorb's Hot Gossip in Berlin
where he was living at the time.

regards,
Richard Stevens
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~jazzfact/

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of Ittz=E9s =
Tam=E1s
Sent: Friday, 10 January 2003 6:52 AM
To: dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Cc: gerardbielderman@freeler.nl; bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Re: Village Stompers - Joe Muranyi

Dear Bill and whoever is interested:

Joe Muranyi actually refused to be included in Armstrong's band because
of the success of the Village Stompers he played with. For the second
time (a few years later) he said 'yes' as we all know. At least this it
what he told me.

He married a while ago (I believe, it was already four or five years
ago) and moved to Oslo together with his Norwegian wife Jorun. I don't
know his present address either, but he can contacted by email at
joejor@netcom.no - and he certainly can inform you about the exact
line-up of the Village Stompers.

Good luck,

Tamas
Tamas ITTZES - violin teacher, ragtime pianist, manager
Kodaly School, Bohem Ragtime Jazzband, Kecskemet Jazz Foundation
Address: Kecskemet-Hetenyegyhaza H-6044, Hullam u. 14.
Mailing address: Kecskemet H-6001, Pf. 652.
Cellular phone: +36(20)960-7169, Tel.: +36(76)509-178, Tel./Fax:
+36(76)472-438
E-mails: bohem@mail.datanet.hu, bohemragtime@hotmail.com
Website: http://www.bohemragtime.com/

regards,