[Dixielandjazz] Abilities

fred spencer drjz@bealenet.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:31:03 -0500

Dear Jon,
Thank you for your comments. Do you know the story of the Englishman,
Lord Ashley of Stoke (Jack Ashley), who was deaf and served for many
years in the House of Commons? I met him and he now has a cochlear
implant and hears quite well. We also have a neighbor who is very active
in hearing loss matters and has an implant. I have had Meniere's Disease
for about 35 years and have little hearing in my right ear. The left is
aging! I wrote a chapter in my book on "Ear Disease" which is about
Eddie Condon, who had only one ear. With best wishes.
Fred