[Dixielandjazz] Village Stompers

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:53:54 +1100

Thank you to all the people who responded to this thread.
Herewith another update, based on the information received.
Frank Hubbell, t; Dick Brady, tb; Joe Muranyi, cl; Don Coates, p; Ralph Casale,
bj; Lenny Pogan, g; Al McManus, d.
Gerard lists Casale as on (b). Bass?
Phil O'R says Casale is on bj.
The band for the 1960s 2 Epic CDs and 1 EP I have comprises t; tb; cl/ss; p; g;
bj; sb; d.
We still do not know what Mitchell May (mentioned by Dan) played.
By elimination it has to be bj or sb.

Perhaps when the 'new' Village Stompers play the Hot Jazz and Alligator Gumbo
Society Concert on Sunday January 26 at the
Elks Club  in Pompano Beach, listmate Tom Sheeder can ask Mr Hubbell.
PS: 26 January is our official 'Australia Day'. And yes, we have a good paying
gig.

Village Stompers' Epic LPs so far traced in my files are:
Washington Square ELPS 3512
More Sounds of Washington Square ELP 3518
Around the World ELPS 3522
New Beat on Broadway ELPS 3527
Some Folk, A Bit Of Country and A Whole Lot of Dixie ELPS 3536
Phil O'R says Bruyninckx (Vol 5) lists 7 LPs by the Village Stompers between
1963 &
1966, all on Epic.

We also have a link with Mr Hubbell and the Dixieland Stompers.

Kind regards,
Bill.