[Dixielandjazz] Re: Village Stompers

Dan Augustine ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 00:05:57 -0600

>Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:31:11 +1100
>From: "Bill Haesler" <bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au>
>
>Dear Dan,
>Terrific!!
>Thanks. Wot a grate list.
>They are the 2 albums in question.
>Can we have instruments for the named musicians please?
>Kind regards,
>Bill.
I forgot about recording dates.
Any given on the CD?
Bill--
     Alas, there is no info in the notes about recording dates or what
instruments each person plays (a little strange, eh?).  The only
other thing it says is, "Hailing from varied musical and professional
backgrounds, they claimed to have collectively worked with numerous
popular Dixieland bands of the era." (Standard wishy-washy publicist
nothing-speak.)  I suppose one could do some web-searches on each
player's name, but that's all the notes say.  I'd like to know,
myself, so please let me know if you (or others of our fair ilk) find
out more.

     Dan
--
**  Dan Augustine     Austin, Texas     ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu  **
**       "The Texan turned out to be good-natured, generous and       **