[Dixielandjazz] Couldn't believe it....

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 05:52:08 +0000

Listmates,

I was moved to tears when I read this inspirational message from Gordon of
Northbridge:

>.....but than the washboard and accordian made it to the big league....
>yes,
>friends, heard from the orchestra pit during the aclaimed musical THE LION
>KING (playing in LA) were both accordian and washboards.... even got
>credits
>in the program.
>So, here's to you Bill "thimbles", and "Fast Eddie", and all you other
>WBoarders.  The WB is coming out of the closet. :-)

I'd like to say the washboard has been "out of the closet" for sometime now
and also point out it has taken its rightful place in the pantheon of
expressive OKOM instruments.

But, in all honesty, I've never heard Fast Eddie honk on a washboard. FE
(Fast Eddie) is a banjo picker of the first magnitude and he is absolutely
awesome when placed on the same stage with washboardist "Big Mama Sue"
Kroninger. "Mama Sue" and "Fast Eddie" put the washboard and banjo into the
stratospheric realms of 'music to wet your pants by.'

Anyway, thank you mucho, Northbridge Gordon, for your thoughtful and
heartfelt message to us washboard, banjo and accordian pickers!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com