[Dixielandjazz] Kazoo Marching Bands

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 19:35:10 +0000

Hello Listmates,

Paul "Reeds" Edgerton writes:

>Now *there's* an idea whose time has come... Let's get all kazoo
>enthusiasts
>together in a stadium. It will make target acquisition so much easier. (We
>can drop accordions on them)

See what I mean about "No Respect!"?  Here is Edgerton, who tootles along on
a clarinet thinking he is ever so much better than a kazooist. Talk about
unmerited snobbery!

An accomplished kazooist can outplay the clarinet any day! Smooth unbroken
glissandos, subtle "vocalese" tonal qualities, unlimited note intervals
(quarter steps, eighth steps, even 16th steps and more). There are other
areas of superiority to itemize which I will do as soon as I think of some.

You never hear a kazooist complain that he has to "change his reed" as an
excuse for poor tone quality!

So there!

Kazoomeister Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com