[Dixielandjazz] CD burning

Andy.Ling@Quantel.Com Andy.Ling@Quantel.Com
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:29:20 +0000

John Farrell writes:-
> Here's a neat idea - a gizmo which puts printed text on a CD while you
are
> burning it. This information comes from another list to which I belong,
> which seems to indicate that a little more development is required  :

I looked at this a little while ago and decided it wasn't worth the
effort. Apart from the problems John mentions the one that seemed the
biggest problem is it actually uses up part of the recordable space of
the disk. To make the text big enough to see uses a significant part
of the disk.

So it is OK for your whizzy new bit of software that only takes up
half the disk space, but if you want a full 70mins of music then
you wont be able to read the text.

Now if they could get the laser to burn some text onto the top
of the disk......

Andy Ling