[Dixielandjazz] CD burning

John Farrell stridepiano@tesco.net
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 17:55:22 -0000

Here's a neat idea - a gizmo which puts printed text on a CD while you are
burning it. This information comes from another list to which I belong,
which seems to indicate that a little more development is required  :

"This is a mildly cool idea that is not very good in execution.  I've
seen the results, and you can read them, but not very well.  It is
better suited to logos or very large type.  You are limited to dark
color dye discs, as most of the straight silver or gold discs do not
show the imprinting at all.

The appearance is more like a water-mark than printing.

It is not that popular with home users because with RW discs, using T@2
'seals' the disc so it is no longer re-writable.

There are several review sites on the web that give examples of the
finished product and discuss the +- in detail."

Jazz content - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A CD.

John Farrell
stridepiano@tesco.net