[Dixielandjazz] Regarding U.K. taxation...time for another Revolution!!!

Jazzjerry@aol.com Jazzjerry@aol.com
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:57:17 EST

In a message dated 7/1/03 3:28:33 PM, stridepiano@tesco.net writes:

<< In that case, what is to stop jazz bands playing a couple of spirituals

during gigs held at churches and schools so that the proprietors might be

able to claim exemption on religious grounds?

John,

Probably not a lot but I would think you might have to go a little bit
further and have a priest present to say a few prayers at suitable intervals!
On the other hand a carol service at Christmas with a jazz band rather than
an organ seems okay. However if all jazz events were held in churches and
involved god-bothering in any measure then I for one would have to give up
the music as I do not have anything to do with any religion and it's
accociated clap-trap.

Cheers,

Jerry,
Norwich,