[Dixielandjazz] RE: Stanford Marching Band; Rice Owl Band (MOB)

David Richoux tubaman@batnet.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:47:01 -0800

I guess everybody skipped my earlier reply on this topic as the "Best
Damn Band"  thread was past expiration date?
anyway, check out the Stanford website for truth, fiction, rumor, music
and stuff - many links to other college bands (scatter and "normal")
http://www.stanford.edu/group/lsjumb/

and as somebody else mentioned - if there were not college bands,
village bands, circus bands, military bands, etc.  playing before 1900
then jazz probably would have been a very different thing altogether!

It is all a part of the tradition...

Dave Richoux