[Dixielandjazz] Hyperlink problem

David Livingston snargi01@yahoo.com
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 23:12:37 -0800 (PST)

The URL working as a clickable link seems to be more
of a e-mail program problem than an operating system
problem.

I manage my DJML account through Yahoo mail. The URL
with the "http://" came over as a link. The other test
URL starting with "www." did not.

I then forwarded your (Bill's) email to my main
account through my web service. When I checked MS
Outlook, both URLs were clickable links.

It might have something to do with going to your
options and setting all messages to "Plain Text or
ASCII." This might turn off some of the weblink type
features in a particular email program.

Dave L.

--- Bill Gunter <jazzboard@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After I posted my "test" hyperlink URLs I received a
> bunch of notes saying
> that both URLs were functional.
>
> Caught me by surprise because that doesn't work for
> me. I have Windows 98
> and my ISP is ATTBI.com (cable connection). Only the
> URL that contains the
> "http://" prefix works in my system.
>
> I guess the protocols vary depending on such things.
>
> cheers,
>
> Bill Gunter
> jazzboard@hotmail.com

=====
David Livingston
Dixieland Gumbo -- Internet Radio Station
Today's hot bands playing OKOM!
http://www.live365.com/stations/63607

If you are interested in getting airplay for your traditional
Jazz band recordings, contact me at snargi01@yahoo.com