[Dixielandjazz] Hyperlink problem

jazzfact jazzfact@ozemail.com.au
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 06:42:40 +1000

I have xp and all email are in text. xp auto completes www to http//www.
regards
Richard Stevens
www.ozemail.com.au/~jazzfact/

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of Bill Gunter
Sent: Monday, 6 January 2003 3:40 AM
To: stridepiano@tesco.net; dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Hyperlink problem

Hi all,

John Farrell asks:

>Here's a question for you computer whizzkids - when I click on a URL
>contained in the text of an email message nothing happens, I have to
cut
>and
>paste it into my browser for a result. However if I click on an email
>address everything works just fine. What should I do to make URLs work
the
>same way ( I didn't have this problem with my old computer). Is it yet
>another annoying feature of this accursed Windows XP operating system?

Possibly, and this actually may not be the problem, but then again, it
may,
(just getting a little weasel room here) it is because the URL listed in
the
text is incomplete. For example, if you click on this:

www.theboondockers.com

you won't see anything happen. But if you click on this:

http://www.theboondockers.com

you will be instantly whisked to the website.

On the other hand, perhaps there is a more accurate explanation.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "the boondocker" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com