[Dixielandjazz] Hyperlink problem

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 17:40:15 +0000

Hi all,

John Farrell asks:

>Here's a question for you computer whizzkids - when I click on a URL
>contained in the text of an email message nothing happens, I have to cut
>and
>paste it into my browser for a result. However if I click on an email
>address everything works just fine. What should I do to make URLs work the
>same way ( I didn't have this problem with my old computer). Is it yet
>another annoying feature of this accursed Windows XP operating system?

Possibly, and this actually may not be the problem, but then again, it may,
(just getting a little weasel room here) it is because the URL listed in the
text is incomplete. For example, if you click on this:

www.theboondockers.com

you won't see anything happen. But if you click on this:

http://www.theboondockers.com

you will be instantly whisked to the website.

On the other hand, perhaps there is a more accurate explanation.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "the boondocker" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com