[Dixielandjazz] The Best Damn Band --Wow A Big Order

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 19:57:46 +0000

Jim BB wrote:

>    I have asked my Congressman to introduce a bill that will prevent U.S.
>Drum Corps from leaving our borders.  This will help protect other
>countries
>from this musical pollution.  Much of Europe has been subjected to a
>relentless parade of 'very determined amateur musicians' from endless high
>school, college and trad jazz bands on vacation tours.  If these horrid
>Drum
>Corps join this procession this may well bring about a total cutoff of
>friendly relations with these countries.

Quit beating around the bush, Jim, and tell us what you really think!

By the way, it's too late to prevent "musical pollution" from the US
reaching European shores. Rap is quite prevalent on the continent (and
elsewhere). This aberration is, like jazz, a uniquely American contribution
to the musical culture of the world.

It's too late, too late, too late (dissolve into tears and moans) . . .

Bill Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com