[Dixielandjazz] The Best Damn Band

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 11:03:53 +0000

Hi listmates and Norrie,

You wrote:

>I would remind you that the Edinburgh Military Tattoo has never taken place
>in England  -  New Zealand, yes but never, ever England!

Yeah, I know. It sort of sounded like I was saying it was in England, but,
of course, as everyone knows, it is actually on the other side of Hadrian's
Wall. What I meant was that the military Tattoo is a big thing in England.
The first Tattoo I ever attended was an enormous bash at Wembley Stadium in
London on the occasion of the Queen's silver jubilee. It was spectacular! It
was also the first time I ever saw a large military band march in three
quarter time.

Best to you, Norrie,

Bill
jazzboard@hotmail.com