[Dixielandjazz] Dancing - pro or con?

Rebecca Thompson Rebecca Thompson" <rebecca.e.thompson@verizon.net
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 18:45:13 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeanne Brei" <TinPanAlleyCat@lvcm.com>
<snip> and I wonder if some festival might not consider for an early morning
"set" having a
> music theory/appreciation class  <snip>

Great idea!  I have enjoyed learning the "whys and wherefores" of OKOM and
it has certainly helped me to enjoy it more.

If you make it to the French Quarter Festival in April, or to the SachmoFest
in August in New Orleans, they offer seminars for 2 1/2 days during the
festivals.  Last August we got to hear one given by Evan Christopher on the
early clarinetists and he brought recorded examples to make his points.  It
was very informative and Evan had researched his material extensively.

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX