[Dixielandjazz] Re:Grits

David Palmquist davidpalmquist@dccnet.com
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 16:53:43 -0800

Responding to the DWSI message (which I can't locate) - Lots of roadside
eateries offer fried breakfasts.  Just look at the typical Denny's or other
truckstop breakfast menu in Canada or the western States..

Don't know if marmite is a health food or not, but in Sweden there are some
interesting breakfast combinations - a "caviar" of cod roe paste, or salmon
paste, squeezed out of a toothpaste tube onto a piece of hardtack - very
tasty.  Or liquified plain yogourt instead of milk on your breakfast
cereal.  Delicious.

Grits?  Only had them once, at a Denny's near the I-5 in Washington, and
they didn't seem like anything other than Sonny Boy cream of wheat, which I
hadn't had since I was a child.

David in Delta