[Dixielandjazz] Re:Grits

SLGTJB SLGTJB@earthlink.net
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 14:59:23 -0700

> You have never experienced the wonders of a real British transport cafe
> breakfast  consisting of fried eggs, sausages, bacon (not the whimpish crispy
> stuff so beloved of Americans but the proper stuff with lots of fat) black
> pudding, fried bread, fried mushrooms, fried potatoes, and baked beans
> accompanied by several thick slices of white bread and real butter washed
> down by a couple of mugs of steaming sweet strong tea.  Ideally this should
> be consumed about six or seven in the morning after a long night boozing (and
> maybe even dancing!)

> Cheers,
>
> Jerry,
> Norwich,
> U.K.

Are you crazy?  All that great stuff you listed and no mention of Marmite?
We learned to love it in England when we lived there, and came to like
Vegamite even better in Australia.  You can't imagine how hard that stuff is
to come by in Utah!!  To me that stuff defines breakfast with a Pommie!

Musical content: I want a Big Butter and Egg and Vegamite Man.

Cary Hobbs