[Dixielandjazz] Swingin' Beethoven?

Stan Brager sbrager@socal.rr.com" <sbrager@socal.rr.com
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 16:36:17 -0800

David;

Try John Kirby Sextet and "Beethoven Riffs On" cut on January 15, 1941 for
Columbia with Charlie Shavers (tp), Buster Bailey (cl), Russell Procope
(as), Billy Kyle (p), O'Neill Spencer (dr), and John Kirby on bass.

When it comes to classical composers music being swung, I always head first
to Kirby.

Stan
Stan Brager
Trombonist-in-Training