[Dixielandjazz] No instruments on dance floor, please!!!

David Palmquist davidpalmquist@dccnet.com
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 13:31:13 -0800

I agree with Nancy's concern wholeheartedly.  The Ozzie was an idiot.  The
musician is there to perform and entertain an audience, and should expect
some clumsiness, some accidents, and even a few drunks.  Why not?  They
paid for the privilege.

Steve writes often about going out on the dance floor to interact with the
audience.  I've really enjoyed reading about that, but if he is playing a
wind instrument while he's out there, I wonder if he's not risking a few
teeth?

I like a clear separation between the dance floor and the front row of the
band.  I don't want someone falling over electrical chords, or just plain
stumbling, and landing on my saxes.  That's too costly and ruins the gig, too.

David in Delta