[Dixielandjazz] Danceable Jazz

David Richoux tubaman@batnet.com
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 11:30:58 -0800

On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 07:26 AM, Stephen Barbone wrote:

> YEAH!!!  Barbone Street loves to connect via the dancers. We'll go out
> on the floor with them to solo right at them, and / or drape mardi gras
> beads around their necks. Or shout "Dance like no one is watching",

another list I am on has been collecting variations on the  "Dance
Like..." sayings - here are a few ;-)

Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody is watching.

"Dance like it hurts
Love like you need money
Work when people are watching"

You've got to sing like you don't need the money,
Love like you'll never get hurt.
You've got to dance like no one is watching,
It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work.

                          -- Susannah Clark and Richard Leighfrom
                               The song, "It's Got to Come From the
Heart"
                               as performed by Kathy Mattea.

or what may have started the thing WAY back - a whirling dervish
reference, I think:
Dance when you're broken open.
Dance if you've torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance, when you're perfectly free.
                         --attributed to Jelaluddin Rumi (d. 1273)
http://www.khamush.com/life.html

my favorite (from the comic strip Rhymes With Orange by Hilary Price)

Dance as though you stubbed your toe on the leg of the coffee table!
Love as though you'd met someone at a conference and your spouse will
never find out!
Sing as though you were walking drunk through a residential
neighborhood at 3am!
Live as if you were a CEO making 500 times what you pay your employees!