[Dixielandjazz] I can't believe we all missed this Uh-One!

David Richoux tubaman@batnet.com
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 21:45:54 -0800

Thursday must have been International Lawrence Welk Day (I only just
found out about this on the TubaEuphonium list)

Uh-One/Uh-Two/Uh-Three

and in other recent discoveries I might direct your attention to a new
ragtime era piano recording by Nan Bostick and Tom Brier called
"Dualing at the McCoys" - double piano pieces featuring many
compositions by Nan's great-uncle Charles N. Daniels. What really makes
him interesting is the number of pieces he wrote under various pen
names: Neil Moret, Jules Lemare, L'Albert, Sidney Carter, Paul
Bertrand, LaMonte C. Jones, Charlie Hill and Julian Strauss - his most
famous probably are "You Tell Me Your Dream, I'll Tell You Mine" and
"Hiawatha.

Anyway, there is a very nice booklet explaining all of this and the
recording was made at a famous (to Bay Area OKOM folks, anyway) house
of the great music collectors Phil and Phyllis McCoy...  Bay Sounds
Records BSR6943  and you can contact Nan Bostick at rtnan@earthlink.net
for more info.

Dave Richoux