[Dixielandjazz] Good Old New York

Tom Duncan tduncan@bellatlantic.net
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 15:34:40 -0500

Bud Taylor writes on Wed, 1 Jan 2003 21:46:53 EST:

"If anyone has the lead and chord progression for this JR Morton song, I
would
greatly appreciate it.  Seems like a perfect song for a NY band to feature."

Bud, here are lyrics and chords as given to me when I questioned this over a
year ago. It has been a well received tune as we have been playing it in the
New York area and we have used NYPD, NYFD and PAPD (Port Authority) caps
when we play it. We also use the slow intro (ala Sinatra and as played after
Yankee wins) and repeat it as in in tempo tag at the end.

Regards,

Tom Duncan

>Good Old NY,
> It's never down
> We’ll have a good time baby,
> love me and the world is mine.
> Life is short, bottle and a cork,
> That's the way to spell NY.
> I will be there,
> In my  easy chair,
> We’ll have a good time baby,
> I don't mean maybe,
>	In good old NY

Bb   | Bb    | G7   | G7  |  C7   | C7  |  C7  |  C7 |
D7   | D7    |Gm   | Gm |   Dm |   A7 |   Dm |   Dm/F7|
Bb   | Bb    | G7    | G7 |   C7  |  C7  |  C7  |  C7 |
Eb   | Ebm  |  Bb  |  G7 |   C7  |  F7  |  Bb   | Bb |