[Dixielandjazz] New Years Eve Gig

CoonSander@aol.com CoonSander@aol.com
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 13:42:52 EST

--part1_198.1327d867.2b4490ac_boundary

Nice story Steve.  It's great to play for those that appreciate OKOM.  My
band has picked up a two-day-a-month gig at a new Cajun restaurant here in
Huntington, WV.  They used us for their New Year's Eve festivities and it
went better than expected.  We played from 7:00 until 10:30 PM for the diners
that were going elsewhere to ring in the new year.  The place stayed packed
until we quit.  Most of the crowd was 50'ish to 70'ish.  However, there were
several tables of younger people.  And, believe it or not, some of them even
requested songs like Sweet Georgia Brown and Bill Bailey.  They enjoyed the
Dixieland music and we also threw in some latins and waltzes to break up the
2 beat stuff.

We also got home to see the new year in with our spouses and that was great.
So, at this time, OKOM appears to be alive and kicking here and I hope it
stays that way.  Good luck.  Keep blowing.

                                Dale Jones, Leader
                                The Backyard Dixie Jazz Stompers

--part1_198.1327d867.2b4490ac_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Nice story Steve.&nbsp; It's great to play for those that appreciate OKOM.&nbsp; My band has picked up a two-day-a-month gig at a new Cajun restaurant here in Huntington, WV.&nbsp; They used us for their New Year's Eve festivities and it went better than expected.&nbsp; We played from 7:00 until 10:30 PM for the diners that were going elsewhere to ring in the new year.&nbsp; The place stayed packed until we quit.&nbsp; Most of the crowd was 50'ish to 70'ish.&nbsp; However, there were several tables of younger people.&nbsp; And, believe it or not, some of them even requested songs like Sweet Georgia Brown and Bill Bailey.&nbsp; They enjoyed the Dixieland music and we also threw in some latins and waltzes to break up the 2 beat stuff.<BR>
<BR>
We also got home to see the new year in with our spouses and that was great.&nbsp; So, at this time, OKOM appears to be alive and kicking here and I hope it stays that way.&nbsp; Good luck.&nbsp; Keep blowing.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;  &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;  Dale Jones, Leader<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;  &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;  The Backyard Dixie Jazz Stompers&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>

--part1_198.1327d867.2b4490ac_boundary--