[Dixielandjazz] trio

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Fri Feb 28 17:59:36 PST 2003

Sounds to me like the trio was there for ambiance, not entertainment, and
they probably would be canned if they pushed. I would assume they worked at
finding the right volume for the audience, and that the customers came
there to yak as much as to eat... Managements are very sensitive to this
sort of thing. In this situation, I don't consider the yakking audience to
be rude.

As for why "fancy people think they have to be rude", I think its a
function of the emptiness of the rich and vacuous--they've got to do
something to compensate for their lack of substance and hence self-esteem.

--Sheik