[Dixielandjazz] "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood"

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Fri Feb 28 14:38:33 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/28/03 12:30:19 PM Central Standard Time,
nancyink at ulink.net writes:

> Over the years, Mister Rogers introduced children to a wide variety of
> singers and musicians, including Tony Bennett, the Empire Brass Quintet,
> clarinetist Richard Stoltzman, Zydeco musician Queen Ida, jazz saxophonist
> Eric Kloss, and many others.

  Not to mention the Dreadful Great, Wynton Marsalis, who did a nice turn on
Mr. Rogers show.

  I join Nancy in saluting a great man, Fred Rogers, who helped raise my
kids.  I used to watch him just to calm down myself...and he often had an
outstanding musician on.

  Jim Beebe