[Dixielandjazz] Re: Why France does not back the US in War with Iraq

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 27 21:57:10 PST 2003

on 2/27/03 5:38 PM, Jazzjerry at aol.com at Jazzjerry at aol.com wrote:

> Unfortunately the slimeball we have
> as Prime Minister has his nose so far up GWB's backside that he is going to
> drag us Brits into this sad escapade. I thought I would never say this but
> the French, Germans and Russians are talking some sense for a change and
> hopefully the other 'uncommitted' nations won't give in to the usual American
> tactics of bribery and threats.

    Gee, Jerry!  We all love you, too!  (back to music: I request, just for
you,  several choruses of "The Old Grey England Ain't What She Used to Be/
Many Long Years Ago.")  And I nominate you right now for the next Mayor of
Baghdad!  By George, you'd show 'em--show us, I mean.  Boy, howdy!  You've
really made us see, or at least I'm beginning to see the light!  But what
can we say, dear, after we say we're sorry?

    Don't worry yourself about us, Jerry: we'll no sooner attack Iraq than
the terrorist boys will hit us with something really big and nasty, and you
can feel good about our getting a deserved comeuppance: admit it--wasn't
that what you really felt after Sept. 11?   And you can wag your wiser
finger at us and smile a superior smile: you told us so.

Be happy, Jerry.
Charlie

charliehooks at earthlink,net
Charlie