[Dixielandjazz] THE FRENCH

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 27 19:45:21 PST 2003

Jazz Jerry wrote:

"I did not see Steve's original message but I though he had more sense
than
posting this sort of crap on the DJML. Not everyone on the DJML thinks
that
the official American policy is correct!"

List mates:

I agree with Jazz Jerry 100%. He did not see my original message because
I did not post in on the DJML. What was posted on the DJML, was by
someone else, who is also on that other list. Probably in error. Yes,
JJ, I do have more sense than to post political views on the DJML.

Basically the gist of what I posted on that other list was that France
was backing PEACE with Iraq because they (Fina Elf Oil) have a multi
billion dollar vested oil interest in Southern Iraq, where 25% of Iraq's
oil reserves are. A war in Iraq would wipe that out and France would
lose a large amount of money. I also reminded readers that it was France
that helped build Iraq's nuclear plant in the first place. You remember,
the one destroyed by Israel without UN involvement, etc.., etc.., etc.
Ditto for Germany and Russia. I pointed out that their positions were
determined solely by MONEY and business considerations, not any moral
high ground.

It was a long and involved analysis of the greed of France Russia and
Germany who have large amounts of money at risk in Iraq.

IT WAS NOT INTENDED FOR THE DJML. WHAT FOLKS SAW ON THIS LIST WAS A VERY
SHORT, OUT OF CONTEXT SNIP FROM IT, POSTED IN ERROR, ON THE WRONG LIST,
BY SOMEONE ELSE..

You are quite right, Jerry, it does not belong on the DJML. However,
French German and Russian positions on Iraq are totally bogus. It is all
about oil and money as far as they are concerned.

I apologize for the fact that it got posted to the DJML.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone