[Dixielandjazz] Drummers - was easiest instrument.

Jim Denham james at jiming.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 25 01:11:55 PST 2003

I'm so glad to hear that Johnny Blowers is still alive, playing and has
been honoured at the "Pee Wee" event. He played great drums on 1940's
sessions with Condon, Brunis, Kaminsky and Lawson (including one of the
best 4-bar beaks I ever heard at the end of a Yank Lawson side -was it
"That's A' Plenty"?), and later went on to play with Sinatra and the
"Saints and Sinners".

Let us honour him whilst he is still amongst us.

Yours,

Jim Denham

in a message <3E599946.6653D67 at earthlink.net>, Stephen Barbone
<barbonestreet at earthlink.net> writes