[Dixielandjazz] Philip Catherine Quartet

Rob McCallum rakmccallum at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 16 17:09:07 PST 2003

Hi Hans and everyone,

Philip Catherine isn't entirely unknown over here.  He did an album with
Dexter Gordon called Somenthing Different which also had Niels Henning
Orsted-Pederson on bass and, I believe, Billy Higgins on drums.  To my
knowledge it's the only quartet album Dex recorded with a guitarist instead
of a pianist.  Anyway, most of the modern tenor players over here are
familiar with that album.

All the best,
Rob McCallum