[Dixielandjazz] Re:Caoba Jazz Band (was Al Hirt.....)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 14 13:30:32 PST 2003

Dear Dave,
The Caoba (Mahogany)Jazz Band from Argentina was discussed on the DJML some time
back.
In connection with the Clarence Williams' tune "Bozo", as I recall.
It is a fine 'classic' style band and has a GHB CD to their credit, in addition
to 8 cassettes and 2 other CDs.
The band has been in existence for over 20 years, hails from Buenos Aires and
have played gigs in New Orleans.
Find GHB BCD-395. I am sure you will find a slot for it on your long-running and
respected radio program.
I am replaying it now. Recommended.
I have no first hand knowledge of the Sandy Lopicic Orkestar from Yugoslavia,
but Google has a few references.
Kind regards,
Bill.