[Dixielandjazz] Impending New York Visit

Jazzjerry at aol.com Jazzjerry at aol.com
Thu Feb 13 18:26:20 PST 2003

Thank you Pat, Bill, Charle Tom and Steve.

It does indeed sound as though we will have an interesting but cold,
musically good but expensive few days in New York if I can summarise the
information kindly given into very few words!
Having looked at the weather forecast for the next few days the long johns
will be necessary it seems.

The reassurance on the alleged 'panic' is good and confirms my thoughts on
newspaper general reporting techniques which seem the same the world over!
The reports even in the more 'calm' elements of the British press seem to be
having an effect as it was reported this evening that a local secondary
school ('High School' in Yank parlance) had cancelled an American trip next
week because "The safety of the pupils in New York could not be guaranteed in
in a city on such a 'high state of alert'".

I may send the wife of to the Metropolitan Opera whilst I head for some real
music!

I've just worked it out - this is the third trip I have made to the States in
12 months. Maybe the CD business is not too bad after all!

Cheers,

Jerry