[Dixielandjazz] Know What It Means?

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Thu Feb 13 14:25:30 PST 2003

Al, my late friend and musician/partner of about 10 years - Charlie Beal (He played piano in the film with Louis et al) had the job of teaching this song to Billie Holiday since she didn't read music.   In the hundreds of performances I shared with Charlie, I can't remember ever hearing the verse.  I'd appreciate if you'd send it to me too.   Dick