[Dixielandjazz] appalling language usage

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Thu Feb 13 16:05:15 PST 2003

>>"Hey! Somebody swang with my beer!"<<

It may sound appalling to some, but according to Charlie, that is simple
past tense, and swang  would be correct;  even though my dictionary lists
'swang' as an archaic or dialectal past tense of 'swing'.  BTW, my
dictionary also gave the same definition of 'sprang'...an archaic or
dialectal past tense of 'spring'.  My spell checker doesn't have sprang in
it either...it suggests changing to spring or sprung.

  I must add that I am proud to have started a thread that has lasted this
long and attracted so many erudite
contributors.  :-)
      Pat Cooke