[Dixielandjazz] Song Lyrics

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 13 20:43:30 PST 2003

Reading RAHBerry's observation (regarding correct grammar for lyrics):

>. . . there's "See See Rider, see what you done done."
>"SSR, see what you have done."  No poetry there.

When I read that answer (No poetry there) I immediately thought of another
musical observation . . .

You know, when you take a song in a major key and play it in a minor key you
sort of add a somewhat sad, somber, melancholy dimension to the tune.

On the other hand, when you take a song in a minor key and play it in a
major key you simply trivialize it.

How 'bout that?

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "jazzboard" Gunter