[Dixielandjazz] Impending New York Visit

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 13 09:21:12 PST 2003

on 2/13/03 3:07 AM, Jazzjerry at aol.com at Jazzjerry at aol.com wrote:

> the USA is in a state of panic and the citizens are
> battening down the hatches in preparation for a war against some Middle
> Eastern country or a threatened attack from al Quaeda or maybe North Korea.

    Don't worry, Jerry.  New Yorkers will not even notice any of these
things, even were they to occur.  The only people in (pretended) panic are
the news guys, who are--as always--grasping frantically for a headline.
Nobody on my block in River Forest, Illinois, gives a damn about any of
this.  About Saddam?  Hey! Swat this mosquito and be done with him!  Never
believe the left liberal press over here (although you are yourself in tune
with them!).

    And have a ball in N.Y.--if you can afford it!

    Musical content: "We Did It Before And We Can Do It Again."

cordially,
Charlie