[Dixielandjazz] Antivirus trick

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 12 23:05:48 PST 2003

on 2/12/03 2:42 PM, Patrick Cooke at patcooke at cox.net wrote:

> You're right, of course.....sprung is to be used mainly as a predicate
> adjective.  Or is that only in the subjunctive mode, pluperfect tense?
> I think I'll check my participles....I have the feeling something's
> dangling.

    No, Pat. It's really very simple: "spring sprang sprung"; just like "go
went gone"; like "take took taken"; like--aw, man, do I have to keep this up
forever?  Forget it, forgot it, forgotten it!   It's called: present, past,
and past-perfect.  What the hell do they teach kids these days?

in a grammatical snit,
Charlie