=?Windows-1252?Q?Re:_=5BDixielandjazz=5D__Oscar_Alem=E1n_=28was:_history_?= =?Windows-1252?Q?of_Jazz=29?=

Hans Koert koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Wed Feb 12 06:53:15 PST 2003

Talking about guitarists: The Argentinean jazz guitar player Oscar Alemán
deserves a place in the history of jazz guitar playing. If you'd like to
know more about his life and career, have a look at
www.people.zeelandnet.nl/koerthchkz

Gary wrote:

   I am sure there are many more non American Jazz musicians who have
> contributed much to Jazz,>

and

>    Recently it was stated that Django Reinhardt was the only Non American
> who had a great influnce on early Jazz, not quite.
>    There was one other muso who played with Django that was just as
> influential, Stephen Grappelly who it is no secret that Joe Venuti
emulated.
>    It has been said that Charlie Christian was the first jazz guitarist to
> perform the the riffs he did. Not so. In many cases he copied Django note
> for note and it is no secret that he idolized Django's music.

Keep swinging

Hans Koert

More DURIUM Advertisement records posted !!

http://members.lycos.nl/keepswinging
www.people.zeelandnet.nl/koerthchkz